Greenwald has once again written a very insightful post on a major issue he and I share with the Obama presidency, which is Obama’s unwillingness to make closing GITMO a priority. If you have not read the series of posts he has written about the President’s refusal to exercise his political clout in this and other areas regarding detainee issues, I suggest you do so. He presents a very well-argued case that Obama’s actions are pretty damning proof that he has no interest in waging the “War on Terror” any differently than his predecessor, even if he has dispensed with the terminology. Very disappointing.
June 26, 2010
The Obama Problem Cont’d
This entry was posted on Saturday, June 26th, 2010 at 10:26 PM and posted in News and Politics. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- RT @TheCousinSal: That ESPN article has really inspired the refs to step up their game in the Pats favor. #herewegoagain 6 days ago
- My son’s wardrobe choice this evening sparked a moment of inspiration. Enjoy. #riskybusiness https://t.co/64WmC6pY7E 2 weeks ago
- RT @GavinNewsom: In one bill the @GOP have perfectly summed up their priorities: Millionaires over children. Corporations over middle cla… 1 month ago
- RT @Mikel_Jollett: Today in America a bunch of rich white people are stealing money from ALL working people because they convinced a bunch… 1 month ago
- RT @shannonrwatts: Ryan is a white man born into one of the most prominent families in Janesville, WI. When his father died, he left Ryan’s… 1 month ago