Greenwald has once again written a very insightful post on a major issue he and I share with the Obama presidency, which is Obama’s unwillingness to make closing GITMO a priority. If you have not read the series of posts he has written about the President’s refusal to exercise his political clout in this and other areas regarding detainee issues, I suggest you do so. He presents a very well-argued case that Obama’s actions are pretty damning proof that he has no interest in waging the “War on Terror” any differently than his predecessor, even if he has dispensed with the terminology. Very disappointing.
June 26, 2010
The Obama Problem Cont’d
This entry was posted on Saturday, June 26th, 2010 at 10:26 PM and posted in News and Politics. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- RT @TVietor08: Republicans can't get an immigration bill through the House, which they control absolutely. Trump's claim that obstructionis… 21 hours ago
- RT @misterbumface: The Holocaust was legal. Slavery was legal. Segregation was legal. The brave woman who cared for and hid my 6 year-old… 1 day ago
- RT @LSPmatt: US Senate Race in TX summed up in two @dallasnews headlines: 1. Protesters led by Beto O'Rourke gather outside tents holding i… 3 days ago
- RT @saladinahmed: if you think stealing someone’s baby is a reasonable response to them crossing an imaginary line on the ground you are ei… 4 days ago
- RT @PreetBharara: So Trump can unilaterally pardon anyone, absolutely pardon himself, impose his will on DOJ, ban all Muslims, levy any tar… 4 days ago