Greenwald has once again written a very insightful post on a major issue he and I share with the Obama presidency, which is Obama’s unwillingness to make closing GITMO a priority. If you have not read the series of posts he has written about the President’s refusal to exercise his political clout in this and other areas regarding detainee issues, I suggest you do so. He presents a very well-argued case that Obama’s actions are pretty damning proof that he has no interest in waging the “War on Terror” any differently than his predecessor, even if he has dispensed with the terminology. Very disappointing.
June 26, 2010
The Obama Problem Cont’d
This entry was posted on Saturday, June 26th, 2010 at 10:26 PM and posted in News and Politics. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- "Charlottesville: How would police have reacted if a mob of angry black people had gathered there?" salon.com/2017/08/16/whi… 3 hours ago
- RT @DepressedDarth: The fake news media is blaming the stormtroopers for the Battle of Endor, but nobody is talking about the violent Ewoks 1 day ago
- RT @pattonoswalt: Liberal arts college professor brutalizes Nazi, who has a permit. More alt-left indoctrination. https://t.co/knrhHuPNDl 2 days ago
- RT @EricHolder: This is a time to choose sides-simple as that. Who do you stand with? What do you truly value? There is a right side and… 2 days ago
- RT @gadyepstein: Not many presidents could make threatening nuclear war the second worst thing he did in a week. 4 days ago