The SCOTUS has ruled for the white firefighters in the New Haven case. The decision reverses SCOTUS nominee Sonia Sotomayor’s decision to uphold the city’s refusal to grant promotions to said firefighters based on the claim the promotion exam was racially biased. The decision is no surprise (to me at least) and I wonder how the right will attempt to exploit the decision as we approach the nomination hearings.
June 29, 2009
SCOTUS Rules on Firefighter Case
This entry was posted on Monday, June 29th, 2009 at 2:50 PM and posted in News and Politics. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- "Charlottesville: How would police have reacted if a mob of angry black people had gathered there?" salon.com/2017/08/16/whi… 10 hours ago
- RT @DepressedDarth: The fake news media is blaming the stormtroopers for the Battle of Endor, but nobody is talking about the violent Ewoks 1 day ago
- RT @pattonoswalt: Liberal arts college professor brutalizes Nazi, who has a permit. More alt-left indoctrination. https://t.co/knrhHuPNDl 2 days ago
- RT @EricHolder: This is a time to choose sides-simple as that. Who do you stand with? What do you truly value? There is a right side and… 2 days ago
- RT @gadyepstein: Not many presidents could make threatening nuclear war the second worst thing he did in a week. 4 days ago