The SCOTUS will decide the question in their next term in a case with considerable antitrust concerns for the NFL and perhaps the other major sports leagues (NHL and NBA) that do not have an antitrust exemption. MLB has such an exemption and both the NHL and NBA presume that if the SCOTUS rules in favor of the NFL, they will also be able to argue that they are a single entity and avoid frivolous antitrust lawsuits.
June 29, 2009
NFL: A Single Entity?
This entry was posted on Monday, June 29th, 2009 at 3:04 PM and posted in Sports. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- "Charlottesville: How would police have reacted if a mob of angry black people had gathered there?" salon.com/2017/08/16/whi… 11 hours ago
- RT @DepressedDarth: The fake news media is blaming the stormtroopers for the Battle of Endor, but nobody is talking about the violent Ewoks 1 day ago
- RT @pattonoswalt: Liberal arts college professor brutalizes Nazi, who has a permit. More alt-left indoctrination. https://t.co/knrhHuPNDl 2 days ago
- RT @EricHolder: This is a time to choose sides-simple as that. Who do you stand with? What do you truly value? There is a right side and… 2 days ago
- RT @gadyepstein: Not many presidents could make threatening nuclear war the second worst thing he did in a week. 4 days ago