The SCOTUS will decide the question in their next term in a case with considerable antitrust concerns for the NFL and perhaps the other major sports leagues (NHL and NBA) that do not have an antitrust exemption. MLB has such an exemption and both the NHL and NBA presume that if the SCOTUS rules in favor of the NFL, they will also be able to argue that they are a single entity and avoid frivolous antitrust lawsuits.
June 29, 2009
NFL: A Single Entity?
This entry was posted on Monday, June 29th, 2009 at 3:04 PM and posted in Sports. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- RT @NewYorker: .@BorowitzReport: Trump Accepts Larry Flynt’s Ten-Million-Dollar Offer for Information Leading to His Impeachment https://t.… 3 days ago
- I am in need of the comfort and control that comes with organizing my record collection. 4 days ago
- Sure, he gave up a run. But at least Rondon didn’t walk anyone. #CubsvsDodgers #NLCS 4 days ago
- RT @loumoore12: Imagine losing your shit over nonviolent protests, but keeping your cool over mass killings. 2 weeks ago
- RT @Richie_l0c0: A white man shoots 600 people but you’re mad at the black man who’s sitting peacefully not harming anyone. That’s why he’s… 2 weeks ago